<title>Matt's Bit of Space</title> <body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/plusone.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar.g?targetBlogID\x3d4021413\x26blogName\x3dMatt\x27s+Bit+of+Space\x26publishMode\x3dPUBLISH_MODE_BLOGSPOT\x26navbarType\x3dBLUE\x26layoutType\x3dCLASSIC\x26searchRoot\x3dhttp://matty03.blogspot.com/search\x26blogLocale\x3den_US\x26v\x3d2\x26homepageUrl\x3dhttp://matty03.blogspot.com/\x26vt\x3d6247564420384019859', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

Sunday, December 25, 2005

COCTEAU TWINS DO CHRISTMAS or AN IDIOT'S UNDERSTANDING OF HOLIDAY LYRICS

Oh, yeah --- now, don't make too much fun of me but it was only recently upon listening to WinterWonderLand by Cocteau Twins that I realized that "parson brown" was not a color --- but a minister. ...and I still don't understand what "upsot" means from JingleBells. Maybe if Cocteau Twins had covered that one the meaning would have come to me.

8 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

I think 'upsot' refers to fact that the horse was smoking crack and the sleigh riders ended up in a snow bank, though it's been ages since I've had to sing that song all the way through....

Merry Christmas!!!

6:04 PM  
Blogger thomas said...

Merry X-mas Matty!

8:02 PM  
Blogger ing said...

Parson Brown:

Sounds like the color my mom painted the kitchen cupboards in 1974.

9:38 AM  
Blogger snarl71 said...

oh, Matt.

You know youv'e got a history with song lyrics. Like Culture Club's Kharma Chameleon..instead of "red, gold and green" you thought it was "red golden dreams".

Oh, and what were the others? they always made me laugh.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

Err .... is it not 'Red golden dreams' then?? D'oh! I just assumed that he was on something when he wrote that lyric.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Whenever I think of that song, it reminds me of tinsel.

1:06 PM  
Blogger ginab said...

Now I feel like I've never heard Jingle Bells. Can you hear me sniffling? I have to wait a whole YEAR before I can really listen close, and sniif-sniff help you out here, Matt.

WaauuUghH!!

8:17 PM  
Blogger Karyn said...

...ah....it's NOT red golden dreams? Oh dear. So that's what...22 years I've been singing it wrong?

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home